The Innovation Prize helps researchers to develop the translational and commercial potential of their discoveries.
These prizes support researchers who are new to translation to put together what is needed to identify and progress the commercial potential of their research.
As the lead investigator, you must be based at a UK host institution. You should assemble the appropriate team to deliver the project (if required), which can include international researchers.
PhD students and commercial applicants (SMEs or spin-out) are not eligible to apply at this time.
We will consider applications across three main oncology-related thematic areas:
- Development of novel treatments
- Implementation of digital tactics
- Delivery of innovative imaging strategies, medical device development or disruptive diagnostic assays
- Submit your idea by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3-page application (excluding references)
- 3-5-minute video pitch (Uploaded as an unlisted video on YouTube, please include a link in your proposal)
- 3-5 key achievements in your career
If your team is shortlisted, you’ll receive a 1hr mentoring session and be asked to submit a breakdown of how the funds would be allocated if successful
Pitch your idea to the Innovation Prizes panel in a short presentation.
- We fund
If your pitch is successful and you’re recommended for funding by the innovation panel, you will need to submit a full application with detailed justifications and costings.
Deadlines and selection procedures
The application deadline is 31 January 2019. There will be a mentoring session Early March 2019 and you will have to pitch your idea late March 2019. Please click here for more information about the Innovation Prize and the application process.