Early Detection Project Awards fund exceptional science to drive a transformational change in how and when early cancers and pre-cancerous states are detected.
Amount and duration
Awards are typically made up to £500k for up to 4 years*:
- Postdoctoral researchers
- PhD students (stipend, fees and running expenses)
- Technical staff
- Associated running expenses
*The budgetary limit is indicative. Requests in excess of this should be discussed with the office before submission.
- Should have some postdoctoral experience or equivalent
- Be scientists, clinicians or healthcare workers in UK universities, medical schools, hospitals or research institutes.
Multi-institutional proposals are welcome and awards can be held across institutions in the UK. Supporting roles (co-applicants/collaborators) from international and commercial organisations are welcome.
- It is strongly recommended to contact the Early Detection office for an informal and confidential discussion of your proposal. You will be advised on eligibility, remit and funding options.
- Submit an application via the application system. The final application must be approved online by your host institution.
- Your application will be considered by the Early Detection Research Committee.
Deadlines and selection procedures
The deadline for submitting proposals is 20 June 2019. Please click here for more information about the Project Award and the application process and for contact details of the Research Funding Managers.