Supports researchers at all stages to develop early, novel and outside-the-box ideas and collaborations to build and make progress in the Early Detection field.
Amount and duration
The award will provide up to 1 year of flexible seed funding up to £100k.
Funding could cover:
- Salaries for postdocs or technical staff
- Experimental expenses
- Associated running expenses
- Collaborative travel and networking costs
- Training courses
- People exchange
To stimulate and develop the early detection field, we're encouraging early-career researchers, scientists new to early detection and/or cancer research, as well as established early detection researchers to apply for Primer Awards.
- Have at least 2 years postdoctoral experience or equivalent
- Be scientists, clinicians or healthcare workers in UK universities, medical schools, hospitals, CRUK Institutes or other research institutions
- We strongly recommend you contact the Early Detection office for an informal and confidential discussion of your proposal. We will advise you on eligibility, remit and funding options.
- Submit your application through our online grants management system (eGMS). Your final application must be approved online by your host institution.
- Your application will be considered by the Early Detection Committee.
Deadlines and selection procedures
The deadline for submitting proposals is 7 March 2019. Please click here for more information about the Project Award and the application process and for contact details of the Research Funding Managers.