The CRUK-STFC Early Detection Innovation Sandpit and Award will catalyse new multidisciplinary collaborations to drive forward earlier detection of cancer.
Applications are welcomed from a wide range of disciplines, including from those working in the fields of cancer biology, healthcare professionals, computer scientists, mathematicians and statisticians, engineers, physical scientists, and those working in the digital and technology space.
You must be:
- Creative, open-minded, and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to engage with those working in other disciplines from a variety of backgrounds, and other key stakeholders
- Able to attend all days of the workshop in London, 18–20 November 2019
- Based in the UK
Applications are particularly welcome from those working in clinical technologies, control engineering, human-computer interaction, image and vision computing approaches which have not previously been explored in cancer detection and from people representing organisations (large or small) that will contribute new expertise and new thinking in early detection research.
We regret that PhD students and junior postdocs are not eligible to attend the workshop.
The application process has 4 stages:
- Submit a completed application form and up-to-date CV by noon 30 September 2019 to email@example.com.
- We will review your application and successful candidates will be notified week commencing 14 October with an invitation to attend the workshop.
- Over the course of the workshop, from the morning of 18 November to the afternoon of 20 November, teams will develop pilot/feasibility study proposals, which they will be able to pitch for funding on the final day of the workshop. Up to 3 teams will be funded, and decisions will be presented at the end of the event.
- The principal investigator for each successful study team will have until 16 January 2020 to submit a written version of their feasibility study proposal through eGMS that outlines their group’s intended activities as presented at the workshop, with costings.
Further guidance on the post-award processes will be made available to successful applicants at the workshop.
Deadlines and selection procedures
The application deadline is 30 September 2019. Please click here for more information about the Innovation Sandpit and Award and the application process.