Amount and duration
Applications may be of any duration, but must not exceed £300,000.
We will consider funding research projects in but not limited to the following areas:
- Communicating breast cancer risk
- Developing and testing behaviour change interventions around lifestyle factors such as weight, activity or alcohol consumption
- Introducing lifestyle modification programs to the breast screening programme, including increased physical activity, avoidance of weight gain, avoidance of harmful consumption of alcohol and encouragement of breastfeeding
- Identifying and testing new options for chemoprevention
- Overcoming barriers to prevention interventions, including understanding the challenges of adherence to chemoprevention
- Novel approaches such as mimicking hormonal changes to offer protection against post-menopausal breast cancer
Priority will be given to projects that are likely to have the largest potential impact on preventing cases of breast cancer.
All application must be made through the online grant application system. New applicants have to register online to create a new account. Please read the grant application guidelines before submitting your proposal.
The deadline for submissions is 1 March 2019. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by mid-August 2019.
Please click here for more information.