The mission of ACED Clinic Cambridge is to provide world-leading resources for all Alliance Centres to enable first-in-human clinical trials for early cancer detection to establish feasibility, acceptability and cost effectiveness of new diagnostics and early interventions.
Researchers across the Alliance can apply to work with the ACED Clinic Cambridge team, accessing a range of resources and facilities to accelerate the translation of early cancer detection tests into patient benefit. ACED Clinic Cambridge is hosted in the NIHR Cambridge Clinical Research Facility at Cambridge University Hospital.
- Resources include expertise in clinical project coordination, clinical trial statistics, health economics and the regulatory landscape. In addition to providing advice, our team includes research nurses and has the capacity to run single-centre trials.
- Facilities include consulting rooms, dedicated outpatient ward space, sample preparation rooms, a fully equipped procedure and endoscopy room, ultrasound equipment and a dark room for ex-vivo imaging.
Alongside supporting early-stage trials across the Alliance, ACED Clinic Cambridge will be recruiting volunteers into a pre-consented ACED Cohort with longitudinal data and sample capture for early detection studies that will be made accessible to the Alliance. More information to follow.
Existing trials that are working with ACED Clinic Cambridge include:
- PAN: Early detection of biomarkers in multiple cancers (Primary Contacts: Dr Rebecca Fitzgerald, Dr Marc van der Schee)
- ELUSIVE: Early-stage LUng and Second primary cancer non-invasIVE detection by analysis of trace amounts of tumour DNA in liquid biopsy specimens (Primary contact: Dr Robert Rintoul)
- ANTHCED: An anthropological study of the early detection of cancer (Primary contact: Dr Ignacia Arteaga)
- LEGACY: Longitudinal Evaluation of the Growth and Acquisition of Clones over Years in the blood (Primary contact: Dr Caroline Watson)
To discuss access to ACED Clinic Cambridge, please contact the Clinic Cambridge team in the first instance with a view to discussing your project prior completing this application form.